Thursday, November 1, 2007

Your Word, Father, renews my mind so that I am able to prove what your good, acceptable, and perfect will in my life is. Your wonderful Word also imparts faith to my heart. Through your grace my will is in the cleansing, sanctifying waters of your Word every day. The truth of your Word sanctifies me. Thank you, Father. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

1 I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will sing praise.
2 I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
when will you come to me?
I will walk in my house with blameless heart.
3 I will set before my eyes no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.
4 Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret,
him will I put to silence;
whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart,
him will I not endure.
6 My eyes will be on the faithful in the land,
that they may dwell with me;
he whose walk is blameless will minister to me.
Psalm 101 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 38:1-131 Corinthians 14:26-40 - Matthew 10:34-42

No comments: