Friday, November 9, 2007

Father,
I am now crucified with Christ. Nevertheless, I live; yet it is not I who lives, but Christ who lives within me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. By faith in Christ Jesus, Father, I have become your child. Thank you for adopting me into your family. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

1 In Judah God is known;
his name is great in Israel.
3 There he broke the flashing arrows,
the shields and the swords, the weapons of war.
6 At your rebuke, O God of Jacob,
both horse and chariot lie still.
7 You alone are to be feared.
Who can stand before you when you are angry?
8 From heaven you pronounced judgment,
and the land feared and was quiet-
9 when you, O God, rose up to judge,
to save all the afflicted of the land.
Psalm 76 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ezra 3:1-13 - 1 Corinthians 16:10-24 - Matthew 12:22-32

No comments: