Friday, November 2, 2007

Your chosen city, Jerusalem, was beautiful because of Your beauty, Father -- a city made perfect through You. Its fame spread throughout the world and, as people often do, its inhabitants began to take credit for the city's beauty themselves, forgetting that its true foundation rested on You and believing that its beauty somehow came through their efforts. I tend to do the same today, taking credit for what I did not create on my own. Please don't let me fall into the trap of false pride. Whatever small beauty I bring into this world is only a tiny reflection of Your beauty, Your creation, Your perfection. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path -- Prayers & Promises")

1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
3 Jerusalem is built like a city
that is closely compacted together.
4 That is where the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD,
to praise the name of the LORD according to the statute given to Israel.
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.
Psalm 101 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 38:14-28 - 1 Corinthians 15:1-11 - Matthew 11:1-6

No comments: