Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Your Word, Father, helps to increase my faith because its power is at work in my life. Thank you for the life-giving power of your Word, Father. I rejoice in the knowledge that your are changing me from glory to glory by your Spirit. As I meditate upon the principles of your Word, my faith grows and I am blessed. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

1 Help, LORD, for the godly are no more;
the faithful have vanished from among men.
2 Everyone lies to his neighbor;
their flattering lips speak with deception.
3 May the LORD cut off all flattering lips
and every boastful tongue
4 that says, "We will triumph with our tongues;
we own our lips —who is our master?"
5 "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy,
I will now arise," says the LORD.
"I will protect them from those who malign them."
6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
Psalm 62 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Lamentations 1:1-12 - 1 Corinthians 15:41-50 - Matthew 11:25-30

No comments: