Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Father,
I commit my worries to You.
You call me to faith, not fear. You have given me many promises. Now in this time of doubt and struggle, I ask for the grace to meditate on Your promises instead of chewing over my worries. Watch over me, Lord. Don't allow me to waste my energies rehearsing worst case scenarios in my mind. Help me instead to remember all the times You have helped me. Teach me once again to trust You with my problems and let You do the worrying. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Help, LORD, for the godly are no more;
the faithful have vanished from among men.
2 Everyone lies to his neighbor;
their flattering lips speak with deception.
3 May the LORD cut off all flattering lips
and every boastful tongue
4 that says, "We will triumph with our tongues;
we own our lips —who is our master?"
5 "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy,
I will now arise," says the LORD.
"I will protect them from those who malign them."
6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
Psalm 12 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 2:16-26Galatians 1:18-2:10Matthew 13:53-58

No comments: