Friday, June 6, 2008

I try to pray; words don’t come.
I toss and turn and feel nothing.
My mind is dry, my heart is dull, my soul longs for life.
Hear my silent cry, my God, hear me.
Let me not be a shriveled reed or an empty shell.
Breathe on me and make me whole.
Give me passion that I may love.
Then shall my tongue praise your holy name
with words I do not yet know.
So be it.
- Vienna Cobb Anderson

4 You are resplendent with light,
more majestic than mountains rich with game.
5 Valiant men lie plundered, they sleep their last sleep;
not one of the warriors can lift his hands.
6 At your rebuke, O God of Jacob,
both horse and chariot lie still.
7 You alone are to be feared.
Who can stand before you when you are angry?
8 From heaven you pronounced judgment,
and the land feared and was quiet-
9 when you, O God, rose up to judge,
to save all the afflicted of the land.
Psalm 76 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 5:1-7Galatians 3:15-22Matthew 14:22-36

No comments: