Friday, June 13, 2008

Father,
Your mercies are new every morning.
Summer and winter, spring and autumn, season after season You renew Your mercy and compassion in my life. As the seasons change, so I change. But You never change. You are merciful to me, even when I am wrong. Like the father of the prodigal son, You run to meet me. You are great in mercy, Lord, but I am not. Help me to be merciful to myself, forgiving myself so that I do not become weighted down with self-pity. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")
1 Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens,
praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
3 Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, for he commanded and they were created.
6 He set them in place for ever and ever; he gave a decree that will never pass away.
Psalm 148 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 11:9-12:14Galatians 5:25-6:10Matthew 16:21-28

No comments: