Thursday, June 5, 2008

Father,
You give me quiet confidence.
Though I am frustrated by life, You calm my fears. You remind me to meditate on Your promises and to remember all the times You have brought me through my troubles. You have taught me that anger is futile and takes the joy from my life. Therefore, I will trust You today and wait for the quiet confidence and peace You always send to fill my heart and heal me. Amen (From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Do you rulers indeed speak justly?
Do you judge uprightly among men?
2 No, in your heart you devise injustice,
and your hands mete out violence on the earth.
3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
5 that will not heed the tune of the charmer,
however skillful the enchanter may be.
7 Let them vanish like water that flows away;
when they draw the bow, let their arrows be blunted.
Psalm 58 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 3:16-4:3Galatians 3:1-14Matthew 14:13-21

No comments: