Thursday, June 12, 2008

Father,
I find my contentment in You.
You are my Peace, Lord. You are my Source of true joy. When I am frustrated, struggling with the circumstances of life, You come to me, still my restless spirit, and take time to listen. Only a few moments in Your presence reminds me that I have all I need. Your love and care are more than enough. Thank You for providing all I need to live a peaceful and contented life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

8 Zion hears and rejoices
and the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments, O LORD.
9 For you, O LORD, are the Most High over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.
10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil,
for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
11 Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.
12 Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name.
Psalm 97 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 11:1-8Galatians 5:16-24Matthew 16:13-20

No comments: