Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father,
You calm my spirit.
No matter what is bothering me -- a missed deadline, a traffic jam, an argument with my spouse, a financial situation, a sick child who won't stop crying, a friend who has let me down -- no matter what --- You are always there to ease my troubled mind and help me deal with the crisis. Thank You, Lord, for giving me the confidence that no matter how many frustrations pile up, You will always give me the strength and stamina to handle them. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.
8 He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.
9 He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call.
10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of a man;
11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalm 147 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 9:11-18Galatians 5:1-15Matthew 16:1-12

No comments: