Monday, June 30, 2008

Father,
You promise to guide me.
You order my steps and guide me in the way I should go. You teach me Your ways and pick me up when I stumble. Your Word is like a lantern guiding my feet one step at a time down the path of life. Thank You, Lord, for providing the answer I need and showing me which way to turn. I praise You for being my trustworthy Guide and helper. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
Psalm 73 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Numbers 22:1-21Romans 6:12-23Matthew 21:12-22

No comments: