Friday, June 27, 2008

June 27, 2008

God, Your ways, Your wisdom, Your guidance are so precious, so perfect, so life-giving. They are always spoken in the purest love, and specifically for me.
You lead me moment by moment. When I have a need, Your love never fails. Your wisdom never falls short.
But, Lord, I fear at times that I miss some of Your most delicate, most tender, most precious words to me. I fear Your voice is drowned out by the noise of my own plans and foolish desires.
God, I set aside my desires and open myself to You. When You speak, I want to hear every whisper. Amen.
(From "Simple Prayers" by Ken Bible)

3 When the foundations are being destroyed,
what can the righteous do?"
4 The LORD is in his holy temple;
the LORD is on his heavenly throne.
He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.
5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence his soul hates.
6 On the wicked he will rain fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot.
7 For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice;
upright men will see his face.
Psalm 11 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Numbers 20:1-13Romans 5:12-21Matthew 20:29-34

No comments: