Monday, June 2, 2008

Lord Jesus, I want to have a growing, vital relationship with You. Please don't let me fall into the complacency that leads to stagnancy in my relationship with You. Help me to know that I will only deepen my relationships with You and with others when I invest my time and energy. Thank You for allowing me to come into Your presence and meditate on You today. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Ecclesiastes 2:1-15Galatians 1:1-17Matthew 13:44-52

No comments: