Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dear Lord, I thank you for the numerous people who have gone before me as great witnesses of your love. I praise you that their faith stories have been told again and again and that I learn and am strengthened by them. May I live my life as a bold witness for you! Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
4 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and glory are in his sanctuary.
Psalm 96 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 13:4-8Acts 27:27-44John 9:18-27

No comments: