Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Father,
You will bring peace to the earth.
The world is at war with itself. Every day in newspapers and on television I see scenes of strife. Even in my own home and workplace, I struggle to get along with others. Peace is Your miracle. It begins with transformed hearts. In Your plan, the fullness of time will bring peace to the entire world. Until that time, help me to appreciate Your promises of peace and joy. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave;
you spared me from going down into the pit.
4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning
Psalm 30 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 7:8-16Acts 23:12-24Luke 7:1-17

No comments: