Monday, October 13, 2008

Father,
You give me patience and understanding.
When I feel anger building inside me, I find my refuge and strength in You. You help me to cool off -- and give the situation time to resolve, if possible, on its own. You help me see my troubles from a higher perspective. When someone troubles me, You urge me to acknowledge my pain and then move beyond it to offer forgiveness and lovingkindness to the person who has wronged me. Amen. (From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Hear us, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock;
you who sit enthroned between the cherubim, shine forth
2 before Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh.
Awaken your might; come and save us.
3 Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.
16 Your vine is cut down, it is burned with fire;
at your rebuke your people perish.
17 Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand,
the son of man you have raised up for yourself.
18 Then we will not turn away from you;
revive us, and we will call on your name.
Psalm 80 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 11:12-12:1Acts 26:1-23Luke 8:26-39

No comments: