Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Father,
You bring my hopes and dreams to pass.
As I choose to live in Your will and continue to plant the good seed of faith in the soil of my life, I know that You are giving me favor and leading me in the ways of success. As a farmer patiently waters, weeds, and waits for the seed to grow, so I wait for You to bring my dreams to realization. I thank You that even as I wait for fulfillment, You promise my time will one day come. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD
or fully declare his praise?
3 Blessed are they who maintain justice,
who constantly do what is right.
4 Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people,
come to my aid when you save them,
5 that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones,
that I may share in the joy of your nation
and join your inheritance in giving praise.
Psalm 132 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Micah 3:9-4:5Revelation 8:1-13Luke 10:17-24

No comments: