Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jesus, You were never unfaithful. You were never rushed. You gladly took time with people. They were Your agenda.
Jesus, in my thinking, in my speaking, in the decisions I make, in my reactions to others, when I am inconvenienced, when I am under pressure, flavor my life with Your love. Keep me in You, and at peace in You. Jesus, flavor my life with Your love. Amen.
(From "Simple Prayers" by Ken Bible)

3 Restore us, O God;
make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.
4 O LORD God Almighty,
how long will your anger smolder
against the prayers of your people?
5 You have fed them with the bread of tears;
you have made them drink tears by the bowlful.
6 You have made us a source of contention to our neighbors,
and our enemies mock us.
7 Restore us, O God Almighty;
make your face shine upon us,
that we may be saved.
Psalm 48 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 9:1-9Acts 24:1-23Luke 7:36-50

No comments: