Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Father,
You are the Source of my confident faith.
In every situation, You are my Provider and Protector. In every relationship, You are my Peacemaker. You guide me all of the time, wherever I go, helping me to navigate each obstacle as it appears in my path. You are totally trustworthy and will never let me down. Because I depend on You, I am confident that help will come at exactly the right time. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise,
in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
2 It is beautiful in its loftiness,
the joy of the whole earth.
Like the utmost heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion,
the city of the Great King.
3 God is in her citadels;
he has shown himself to be her fortress.
8 As we have heard,
so have we seen
in the city of the LORD Almighty,
in the city of our God:
God makes her secure forever.
Psalm 48 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 8:1-14Acts 23:23-35Luke 7:18-35

No comments: