Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15, 2008 – Teresa of Avila

“Christ has no body now but yours
No hands, no feet on earth but yours
Yours are the eyes through which He looks compassion on this world
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”
attributed to Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 13:1-3Acts 27:9-26John 9:1-17

No comments: