Monday, October 6, 2008

I thank you, God, for the simplicity of faith in you. Jesus made it simple, and I sometimes make it so complicated. You know how I get tangled in webs of confusion and doubt. I pray for a renewed, child-like faith and the time today to rest in the good news of the cross. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.
5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
6 Endless ruin has overtaken the enemy,
you have uprooted their cities;
even the memory of them has perished.
Psalm 9 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 6:7-7:7Acts 22:30-23:11Luke 6:39-49

No comments: