Thursday, October 30, 2008

Father,
You are the Anchor of my soul.
It's easy for me, Lord, to drift from one opinion to another. But in this stormy time of trouble and doubt, my soul needs a safe harbor and a sturdy anchor. You are my Anchor, grounding me in the truth. You are my safe Harbor, surrounding me with Your love. I may be tossed by rough waters, but I am never lost, for You are my everlasting Hope. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.
Psalm 138 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Nahum 1:15-2:12Revelation 12:7-17Luke 11:53-12:12

No comments: