Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Father, You heal me.
Sometimes, Lord, I wonder about suffering. I wonder why some are healed but others are not. I know from Your Word that it is Your intention for all Your children to live in health. Therefore, I choose to trust You when healing is evident. And I also trust You when it is not. I trust You when I understand and when I do not. I trust You because I will never be disappointed when I place my trust in You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
7 How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
10 Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart.
Psalm 73 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Micah 3:1-8Revelation 7:9-17Luke 10:1-16

No comments: